Jake Herringbone

Why do I love so many things? I'm set on a plan to discover why. It's my favorite kind of philosophy, because I believe the pursuit of understanding such a positive feeling engenders more of the same.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Getting things done

I'm kind of excited at the moment about this GTD productivity methodology. So far I have been much more successful at accomplishing things, the sort of things I would have left for "later" previously. I've only read the first part of Allen's book, with some of the theory, and am starting into the mechanics of the system now.

The problem is that it's easy to be productive and stick to a new regime while it's new and exciting. I'm reminded of the Hawthorne Effect which suggests that any change to your working environment can make you more productive, regardless of the change. Perhaps this means that if my productivity goes down, I should just stop doing GTD, and it will go back up!

No, first try what the expert says, then make up something stupid. Not the other way around. Have to remember that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home